Kidneys – a pair of bean-shaped organs in the renal system that helps in flushing out the waste products and extra fluids from the body. It primarily filters the blood before pumping it back to the heart.
The basic purpose of the pair of Kidneys is to:
- Regulate water fluid levels in the body.
- Flushes out waste and toxic substances from the body.
- Helps to produce red blood cells.
- Promotes bone health and density.
- Controls blood pressure.
Kidney Failure, also termed as renal failure, is a medical condition in which kidneys are weakened enough to remove the appropriate amount of waste and fluids from the body.
The most common types of kidney failures are:
Chronic Kidney Disease: When the diseased kidneys are ignored for a longer period of time, it directly leads to renal failure. As kidneys are unable to function properly, hence waste is built up in the body leading to multiple organ failures.
Acute Renal Failure: This condition develops when kidneys lose its ability to filter waste from the blood. High blood pressure and Diabetes are the major reasons responsible for the kidney failure.
Do you know that more than one million cases of kidney failure happen every year in India?
It is important to contact a right doctor at the right time. In this case, you will need to consult an experienced nephrology doctor in Jaipur or anywhere in India. Make your appointment with the best doctor in your locality. If you find it difficult, a medical assistant company can guide you.
Let’s dive into the world of the renal system and discuss how these two cute bean-shaped organs can be protected for the proper functioning of the human body:
- Balanced Diet: Reduce the intake of foods that are high in sodium, potassium, cholesterol, and saturated fats. Try to avoid raw and processed foods like junk foods, eggs, cheese, whole milk etc. These foods make an adverse effect on your kidneys. If you really crave for such foods, then it should be in limited and required quantity. Eat healthy foods like
- ½ cup serving red bell pepper,
- ½ cup serving green cabbage,
- ½ cup serving boiled cauliflower,
- 1 clove garlic,
- ½ cup serving onion,
- 1 medium apple along with outer layer,
- ½ cup cranberries juice,
- ½ cup serving fresh blueberries,
- ½ cup serving raspberries,
- ½ cup serving strawberries,
- ½ cup serving cherries,
- 2 egg whites,
- 3 ounces wild salmon,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
You can consult a dietician who can guide you to follow a healthy diet as per your kidney condition.
- Limit salt and de-caffeinate: An 8-ounce cup of black coffee contains 116 mg potassium. While it is low in quantity, some people prefer to have more than one cup a day which could raise your potassium levels and is unhealthy. Hence, it should be avoided and reduced to one or two cups a day. Similarly, if you are a high blood pressure patient, reduce intake of salt in your diet. The more salt intake, the high blood pressure. In other words, high intake of caffeine and salt are enemies for people with high blood pressure problem.
- Regular Workout: When you workout, your body releases endorphins that boost your mood and reduce pain. Regular physical activity helps regulating your blood pressure levels, lowers blood fat cells, increases insulin sensitivity, and improves sleeping disorders. Try to include 30-minute walk in your daily routine or 4-5 days a week.
- Reduce sugars and fats in your diet: The average American consumes 152 pounds of sugar every year which is equivalent to 3 pounds of sugar every week. Fat is an essential element in your diet, but in limited quantity else it could be blamed for sudden weight gain. Plus, if you’re a diabetic patient or is at risk of diabetes, then there is a necessary cut-off of fat content from your diet.
- Plenty of water intake: Water plays an important role in everyone’s life. The more water you intake, the more you’re free from diseases. Remember that excess of everything is bad. Hence, one must have 2 litres of water a day. It could be extended upto 3 litres, but not more than that.
- Get Plenty of Sleep: You need to set a regular bed-time. If you’re unable to sleep properly throughout the night, then it leads to an increased appetite and hence, weight gain. Therefore, sleeping for 7-8 hours every night is beneficial and enough.
- Enlighten Yourself: It is important to keep yourself free from grudges and hard feelings. Share your feelings with your near and dear ones or you can consult a healthcare professional.
In such cases, Credihealth is an incredible answer to your needs. Just dial 91-8010994994 and it has a team of medical experts that would your condition better and make an easy appointment with a right doctor near you. Don’t forget – health is wealth!